I’m going back in time to the 70’s when my mom used to make us Creamed Tuna on Toast. I remembered this recipe the other day, created a recipe and made a batch in 15 minutes. SUPER easy and my kids even ate it! It’s a great way to use up the tuna sitting in my pantry.
CREAMED TUNA ON TOAST RECIPE
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 cup drained tuna fish
1 cup frozen peas (optional)
salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a skillet.
2. Add flour and blend.
3. Add milk stirring constantly. Stir until creamy.
4. Add tuna, peas, salt and pepper. Peas will change the flavor of the recipe- try it both ways!
5. Toast bread. You can cut the toast in triangles.
6. Spoon creamed tuna over the toast.
Makes enough for about 6 pieces of toast- depending on how you load it up!