I love making Rhodes Rolls to go with our dinner, but I rarely think of it in time to let them sit on the counter and rise for hours. You can also use this tip for homemade rolls. Here’s the magic to raise dough much quicker:
- Make sure you have room at the bottom of your oven to put a 2-cup glass measuring cup. (Move your racks up or out)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Turn off the oven.
- In the microwave boil about 2 cups of water in a glass container. I use a 2-cup pyrex glass container.
- Place the glass container of hot water in the bottom of your heated oven.
- Put rolls on a greased baking sheet or inside muffin tins.
7. Spray plastic wrap with oil and place it on top of the rolls. This way the rolls don’t stick to plastic but don’t become hard.
8. Set a timer for 30 minutes, then check to see if the rolls have doubled in size. If not add 5 minutes until they are.
9. Remove rolls from the oven.
10. Set oven to 400 degrees.
11. Remove plastic from the top of rolls
12. When the oven is 400 degrees, put the rolls in the oven and bake until golden brown- usually about 15-20 min. REad directions for time baking instructions.