Right after your loved one has passed there is a lot to do. Here is a list of things to get done.
THINGS TO DO IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR LOVED ONE PASSES AWAY:
- Contact the city or town for opening and closing the grave
- Obituary notice
- Gather program info
- Contact church officials for service time, etc.
- Contact Social Security for possible benefits
- Contact Veterans Admin if you have benefits
- Contact all insurance policies
- Decide on flowers for the viewing and funeral
- Choose the clothing you want your loved one buried in
- Find out your funeral home responsibilities
- register book
- thank you cards
- Arrange for headstone